Already 30 years ago, this much appreciated 356 SC model was an active participant on the Belgian classic car scene.
During those 30 years, our specialist classic car garage could regularly contribute to the good maintenance of this Porsche. Culminating in 2015 with a nut & bolt restoration for the last owner.
As always, the preliminar step before any restoration, consists in studying the factory production information. In the case of this Porsche : the Kardex. Which taught us that:
- It is a correct 1600 SC Convertible
- This Porsche 356 was sold new in Bielefeld/Germany
- Was originally Hell Elfenbein, which is the white colour the car still has today.
- Chassis n° 161199 comes from a range of 356C Convertibles built end of 1964 for model year 1965.
- The original engine 821426 comes from a series of engines (821181 to 821701) of the type 616/16 engines , which are 95 HP SC engines from end 1964.
The actual engine in the car with n° 821165 is from the same type of SC engines (range 820523 to 821180) slightly older but also in 1964.
- Note: the KD stamped for the engine number means "Kunden Dienst" which indicates it is a factory exchange engine of the correct type and HP.
Our classic car workshop undertook approx. 5 years ago a full restoration on this Porsche, taking the above info into account.
Starting from a bare metal monocoque body, we have step-by-step built-up this Porsche 356 to her former glory. Documented with lots of photos showing the metal work, painting, installation of fully revised suspension, steering, braking system, electricity, instruments, leather trim, mohair hood, correct carpet set, chromework, rubbers, etc…
Of course also the heart of this Porsche, the flat-four 1600SC engine + the carbs , have been fully rebuilt with, as a cherry on the cake, the final tuning on a test bench.
The result is visible on the accompanying photographs. But one will only experience the full sensation when taking this Porsche 356 for a spin!
When can we take you out for a convincing testdrive? Soon?
We don’t blame you! Leave your details here so that we can contact you. Or contact us for more information.