Jaguar XK120 FHC 1952
Doesn’t every Jaguar enthusiast agree that the XK120 Coupé is the most elegant model in the range?
We've found this car in the hands of a veterinary in the East of France and were immediately seduced by the elegance of this sage green FHC which was perfectly running and totally standard apart from the double row of little louvres in the bonnet to help cool down the engine bay.
When seeing this XK120 FHC, our customer was immediately smitten by the irresistible charm of the slightly patinated Jaguar and ordered a full recommission of the body, interior and mechanics.
Our specialist classic car workshop performed a bare metal respray in the Jaguar sage green and perfect alignment of the body panels.
While retrimming the interior in suede green leather it was decided to install more supportive bucket seats. Admit that the combination of this sporty trim with the perfectly revarnished wood veneer dashboard is stunning.
The existing double row of bonnet louvres, were complemented with a Le Mans style fuel filler cap.
On the mechanical side, apart from a full rebuild, we took care of:
- neutralising eventual overheating tendency with an alloy radiator in combination with a Kenlow electrical fan.
- performance by fitting a full-flow stainless steel manifold & double exhaust.
- improving braking power by fitting 4 discs and performant brake calipers.
- roadholding by fitting larger 15 inch wire wheels and Dunlop tyres.
- relaxed cruising by fitting a 5-speed gearbox.
Finally the leather bonnet strap and the long distance Lucas spotlights for a “sexy touch”.
Our customer surely did, but do you also like the final result?
Come and have a look + a test drive to be fully convinced!
We don’t blame you! Leave your details here so that we can contact you. Or contact us for more information.